Breakfast: Leftover grilled hamburger with green
beans/ghee
Lunch: Whole foods salad bar (romaine, spinach, kale,
unprocessed turkey, carrots, zucchini, peas, almonds and olive oil/lemon
dressing), raspberries
Dinner: Leftover steak with eggs and asparagus,
raspberries
Current
ailments: knee pain, arm rash is back
Feeling: Worse headache all day
Reflecting
on my worries from day 1
·
Eating within an hour of waking up—this still
proves to be difficult and about half the time I’m eating at work, it’s just
not worth the nausea for me to eat within in a hour of waking up. I’m eating much earlier than I was pre-W30 so
I’m doing what I can.
·
Not weighing myself for 30 days—I’m horrible at
this one. Personally I think they are
bat shit crazy for saying you can’t weigh yourself. Weighed in today, down 12 lbs. Wearing jeans today—they’re tighter than when
I started. Makes so much sense?!
·
Headaches—the true headaches for me didn’t start
until this week, all week I had one and they progressively got worse. Thankfully none were that bad that it
affected my day but still annoying.
·
Sugar—I am pleasantly surprised with this
one. Probably because I’m still eating
fruit but it hasn’t been that difficult giving it up. Dairy is much harder.
·
Work—I’m proud of myself for taking myself out
of situations at work where I may be tempted.
It’s meant more eating lunch at my desk and having a lot of self control—why
does everyone have candy at their desk?
Jerks.
·
Snacking—Overall, I’ve done pretty good with
this one. There were a couple days where
I needed to snack because I could tell my blood sugar was super low. That was always during the day. I’m great at night, no snacking needed. This has probably been the most eye opening
for me. Not snacking unless you’re
really hungry makes me hyper-aware of how much mindless eating I do and how habitual
it is. I hope, hope, hope to keep this
new rule when I’m done with the Whole 30.
It’s such a good feeling only eating when you’re hungry.
I think I’m
a little behind on their timeline, I’m wondering if it’s because I had SO much
crap in my system it took longer for the detox to start and everything to get
out of my system. The last couple days I
definitely felt crappy, headache, runny nose, nauseous, etc. I kept wondering where it was the first week…now
I know. Still, much better than I
expected.
I haven’t
had the ah-hah oh my gosh this is the
best thing ever quite yet. I hear
that comes in the last part of the plan.
I notice I have a bit more energy, the brain fog is pretty much gone but
I don’t feel that much different than
I did before. Just little things. Which is better than nothing.
I have no
plans of giving up or stopping and my goal is to still continue this type of
eating, adding in good cheese 90% of the time and have some cheats the other
10%. When I’m done with this, I would
like to start working out again. I feel
like I will be ready to combine the two once I’m done with the 30 days.
I remember days 1-5, I was seriously thinking how the f*&^ am I going to make 30 days?! Those were the slowest days of my entire life. I remember thinking there's no way I'm going to last 30 days, this is taking forever. Now I'm half way there and it's flying by. Keeping yourself busy and getting a lot of sleep has been very helpful.
I’m half way
there!
I totally agree - days 1-5 were are slow, but you've got this AJ! Get it gurl! Love, Cinnamon
ReplyDelete