Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BORED and Overwhelmed

Boredom has officially and set in.  I'm sick of laying around and watching tv, which is saying a lot because it's my favorite pastime.  It is nice to be off of work but really, I can't do anything so it's not that great.  My body is jello from not doing anything or being active, I'm ganna have a rude awakening when my normal life resumes. 

I have been completely overwhelmed by all the love and support I've received from people.  Phone calls, emails, texts, cards, gifts...I'm amazed at how caring people are.  It's made me re-evaluate myself and question whether I give enough. I feel so blessed to have so many people care, it's a great feeling. 

Update on my condition.  Pain has been the same, not fun.  Saw the doctor today, he said it's totally normal and it hurts because I'm getting the feeling back.  He took the tape off of the incisions (super fun) and said everything looks great.  He cleaned the incisions with alcohol (again, super fun) and put new tape on.  I'll be changing my own tape from now on.  I go back to see him in a month and at that time he'll know how long I'll have to wear the tape.  Usually it's around 3 months.  Still no feeling in my left nipple and my right nipple has become SO sensitive it's kinda funny.  He said that's usually what happens.  The nipples either have no sensation or they are hyper sensitive.  I got one of each.  The incisions are burning, not horribly bad but they feel raw, if that makes sense?  Again, totally normal.  He gave me the ok to start taking Motrin with my percocets, that was music to my ears.  With the leg pains and now period cramps I was longing for some ibuprofen. 

I made it out for dinner last weekend, my mom picked me up and we met my step-dad, younger brothers and my oldest brother and his family.  It was a big deal for me, my first outing!  We went to my favorite restaurant, Lucky's 13...YUMMM!  I got to see my nephews, I can't even deal with their cuteness.  I die.  It was a bit much to be sitting straight up that long so I was happy to get home. 

One good thing is that I'm starting to like my boobs, they're still pretty ugle and swollen but I think they're going to look pretty.  Probably a little smaller than I would like but if I can lose the 423lbs I want to lose, they'll look perfect on my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment