Friday, September 4, 2009

A True Minnesotan?

What is it about the MN State Fair that makes me want to vomit? Is it the crowds, the smelly animals, the people who smell worse than the animals, people who don't know how to walk correctly, the little brats running around crying and screaming, the hot sun, the massive amounts of money you spend on food that's going to kill you, or that everything is on a stick? (Which, seriously what is with deep frying everything? I don't like breading maybe that's my issue. Ew.) I don't know, there's so many reasons I can't really just pick one.

Sometimes I think I have such disdain for it because I suffered a childhood trauma at the fair. My dad made my brother and I go in that god damn haunted house. Now, mind you, my brother and I were scared of EVERYTHING growing up and unfortunately some of that has carried over into adulthood. So making us walk through it with him was the cruelest thing my dad could've done. This was when they could still touch you in haunted houses, when the guy started up his chain saw and grabbed me, I seriously think I sharted. By the end, I was sobbing and had been holding onto my dads shorts so tightly that I pulled them down.

I haven't been to fair in almost 10 years, I really have no desire to go. Every year I say I should go, it's what you do if you live in Minnesota right? For a split second I pondered going this weekend but I think that was because I'm on a diet and I'd have an excuse to cheat. Then I realized that I'd rather clean the litter box.

So, maybe I'm not a true Minnesotan and I'm just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment