I have been such a bad blogger...no more my friends. I don't make New Years resolutions but I will be a better blogger in 2010. My purpose in starting this blog was for it to be like a journal, something electronic I could look back and reflect on over the years. Hard to reflect when I don't write anything. So my goal is to blog at least once a week. Lord knows I have enough to say!
2009 ended with a lot of memories with friends and family. Christmas Eve was spent with my mom, I sleep overnight there every year...we make dinner, play games and usually sit around and talk with my little brothers. We wake up Christmas morning to monkey bread, egg bake, stockings and gifts. It's the same tradition every year and I love it. I certainly hope my future husband is ok with spending the night at my mom and step-dad's Xmas eve because I'm not giving that up! (Poor guy, wherever he is, has no idea what's in store for him) Usually Christmas Day I'll head to my dad's but the weather didn't allow me to make it this year which was really a bummer. But my anxiety ridden ass was not about to drive in my deathmobile through the snowmaggedon. I definitely missed everyone there this year!
New Years Eve was pretty low key this year, which turned out for the best. I went to dinner at Manny's in DT mpls with 2 of my besties...Cindy and Mark. We had a wonderful dinner and then headed to a bar for some after dinner drinks. Of course my gay husband had a night of tricks up his sleeve so we sent him on his way which left Cindy and I a little undecided about what to do. After a lot of contemplation we picked up some champagne and headed back to my place. I couldn't have asked for anything better. We spent the night laughing and talking...perfect way to ring in the New Year.
Can't say I'm really sad to see 2009 go...there were ups and downs, tears and laughter, but I know that my best is yet to come. So the closer I can get to that, the happier I am!
Happy New Year, AJ. I hope your 2010 is everything you want it to be!
ReplyDeleteOh...and we missed you at Hulke Christmas...it just wasn't the same without you!!
ReplyDelete