I started the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy last week, I've already read two of the books. I actually started the second one last night and finished it this morning. Side note, these are the times I love that I am single and childless, I can read for 3 hours straight if I want. Anyways...back to Mr. Grey. I'm sure if you're a woman, you've heard of the books, if not, you have too many of those responsibilities I currently lack. The books center around Christian Grey, a gorgeous bizillanior who is a dominant, and Anastasia Steele, an innocent virgin who doesn't know the first thing about ball gags and whips. They fall madly in love and try to figure out a relationship that works for both of them. There's lots of sexin', I mean lots. I classify it as full on porn. NO complaints here. But, I don't think that's what makes these books so appealing to woman.
First of all, the man is loaded, handsome and charitable. Second, he worships this woman, she feels safe with him. Third, and this is the kicker, he loves her SO much, she's able to change him. I mean for freaks sake, woman love that. How many times have you yourself or someone you know, thought they were capable of changing a man? Guilty. You forge on convincing yourself how amazing it will be if you can be the person to do it. We all know this is bullshit, just doesn't happen. Enter Fifty Shades of Grey. The author puts you in this magical fairytale but unlike most fairytales this one is full of hot sex. Unfortunately, instead of making me horny, it made me want a boyfriend.
There will be a movie, for sure. My vote for an actor to play Christian Grey is Mark Wahlberg...I'm pretty sure it would need go straight to DVD release as adult toys are probably frowned upon in move theaters.
No comments:
Post a Comment